Winfloor provides the following facilities:
- Prepares bearing and layout plans for Beam & Block
or Slabbing floors, based on customers own units,
using a special very rapid bay-by-bay method.
- Produces layouts for brick/blockwork or steel frame.
- Permits holes, partitions and ventilators to be inserted
Calculations & Design
- Calculates the Service and Ultimate Bending Moments and
Shear Values relative to the combination of loadings (dead,
finishes and live) specified for each individual job, and
provides Span-load Tables or special calculations for specific
conditions of loading.
- Designs the most economic layout of floor units which
satisfies the resistance moments and shear forces of each
customer's particular system.
- Inserts the flooring units either automatically or manually
to cover the areas involved, whilst ensuring that units
from adjacent bays on double-bearings cannot clash.
Quantities & Costings
- Automatically produces cross-sections as required and/or
allows individual sections to be created very quickly.
- Is completely flexible, i.e. revisions or changes can
be made at any time. The customer is always in the position
of being able to over-ride the automatic functions and assume
- Prints out any size of drawing, A0 to A4, limited only
by the printers or plotters available.
- Prepares and prints out Calculation Sheets showing method
and full details relative to the requirements of BS 8110,
for each scheme or job.
- Prints out full details of schedules, quantities,
- Automatically schedules the units bay-by-bay, produces
a summary by type and length, including weights for transporting
- Automatically calculates quantities and schedules of ancillary
items with costs, e.g. special blocks or slip-tiles, ceiling
clips, grouting, site-fixing, etc., etc..
- Automatically prepares estimates of costs or selling prices,
including on-costs, overheads, margins, discounts, etc.,
etc.. The system is completely adaptable and customers can
tailor the documents to meet their personal requirements.
Export/Import of Details
- Exports full details of schedules, quantities, costs,
etc. to Word or other programs for instant professional
documents, including automatic official quotations on client
- Exports drawings in formats readable by leading CAD programs.
- Incorporates Pictures, a new innovation which
allows scanned images or drawings of special details to
be stored in a library and then placed on the drawings as
- A system of Backup and Restoration of the system files
is built into WINFLOOR to assist following breakdowns.
- The use of colour-coding immediately indicates any variations
on the drawings.
- System Export enables email of drawings to structural
engineers & technical support.
- Under suitable technical supervision, operators do not
need to be fully competent in the use of computers, or have
special structural engineering knowledge before training.
However, previous experience of working with computers is
- In addition to the training provided in the use of the
software, a comprehensive instruction manual and Help screens
are included as part of the package.
- System - Winfloor can be used with Windows 95 and all later Windows versions.